POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Muscles (702KB MPEG-1) : Re: Muscles (702KB MPEG-1) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muscles (702KB MPEG-1)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 2 Jan 2006 14:58:50
Message: <43b985fa$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote in message
> Hi Zeger,
>
> I think that looks very good. I'm impressed.

thank you! :)

> I have a much less sophisticated human model made of blobs and have a few
> rambling thoughts on how to get rid of the seams.

oh, can I see your model? :)

> 1. When working on the clothing, I developed a set of macros to scan a
> blob-based limb, generating an array of points and ultimately a smooth mesh.
> This generates seam-free clothing and it occurred to me that I could
> probably use the same principle to go back and do a seam free body.

not a bad idea !  the "bones" of the arm are spline-based, I might be able to a
radial scan along the spline !

> 2. An alternative idea is to model the muscles at either end of each body
> part, then trim the unwanted bits off again before assembling all the body
> parts.
> So the palm of the hand could be modelled with the muscles reaching out into
> the base of each finger, and the base of each finger could be modelled with
> the muscles reaching back into the palm. Then use CSG to slice the finger
> pieces off the palm, so that any bits of finger interfering with each other
> would be trimmed away. If you use the same plane to cut a piece of finger
> away from the palm that you use to cut the palm away from the finger
> segment, then most of the joins should be a pretty good fit.

problem is that I can't even make the arm in one piece.  In this animation
there's already to much blobbing near the elbow (well, the other side of the
elbow... what's the name for that? :)), so I would have to recreate only the
lower part of the upperarm for the lowerarm (if that's what's it called), but
the muscles run all the way from the top to the elbow.  Difficult! :)

> (time-wasting is such a subjective concept. :o)

true :)  But if someone already made something similar, it would be kind of
pointless to do it all over again, unless I would do it better, which is not
very likely :)

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;